Snort mailing list archives

Re: Win.Trojan.Proxysvc

From: Phillip Lee <phillile () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 10:56:04 -0400

Yaser,

Thanks for your submission. We will review the rules and get back to you when they're finished.

Regards,
Phil Lee
Cisco Talos

On Apr 27, 2018, at 10:13 AM, Y M via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org> wrote:

Hi,

I was not able to find information to write signatures of the TLS traffic. However, the malware listener accepts
rather unique HTTP traffic according to the analysis in the reference. No pcaps available.

# Title: Analyzing Operation GhostSecret: Attack Seeks to Steal Data Worldwide
# Reference:
https://securingtomorrow.mcafee.com/mcafee-labs/analyzing-operation-ghostsecret-attack-seeks-to-steal-data-worldwide/
<https://securingtomorrow.mcafee.com/mcafee-labs/analyzing-operation-ghostsecret-attack-seeks-to-steal-data-worldwide/>

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"MALWARE-CNC Proxysvc listener inbound execute command";
flow:to_server,established; content:"Content-Type|3A 20|8U7y3Ju387mVp49A"; fast_pattern:only; http_header;
content:"Content-Length"; http_header; metadata:ruleset community, service http;
reference:url,securingtomorrow.mcafee.com/mcafee-labs/analyzing-operation-ghostsecret-attack-seeks-to-steal-data-worldwide/

<http://securingtomorrow.mcafee.com/mcafee-labs/analyzing-operation-ghostsecret-attack-seeks-to-steal-data-worldwide/>;
 classtype:trojan-activity; sid:8000019; rev:1;)

Thanks.
YM

catch the most <a href=" https://snort.org/downloads/#rule-downloads
<https://snort.org/downloads/#rule-downloads>">emerging threats</a>!