Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard2/Base MAC Address from PCAP

From: wkitty42 () windstream net
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 19:54:46 -0500

On 01/03/2018 03:22 PM, Gordon Wallum wrote:
Thanks for the info wkitty

I can find the MAC addresses in the Snort unified2 log, but when barnyard2 inputs the logs into SQL it doesn’t store
the layer2 MAC data and instead uses a bogus hardcoded one

Is there any way to achieve this? I found an article explaining the same problem

http://seclists.org/snort/2010/q3/562

umm, you should be able to modify barnyard2 to output what you need... then you could donate that code to the barnyard2 project ;)

i don't know anything about barnyard2 other than what i see here and a few other places on the 'net...