Snort mailing list archives

Problem with bridge with Snort

From: giovanni guadagnini via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 08:34:17 +0000

Hi.
Trying to follow this guide
http://sublimerobots.com/2016/02/snort-ips-inline-mode-on-ubuntu/ I created
a snorted bridge. The bridge work correctly but it doesn't filter the
content.
I explain better I'm trying to build a bridge that intercept and block the
request for stream video directed to a DVR (of video surveillance).
The partition of network is like this
LAN--CLIENT--> BRIDGE (whit snort) --> DVR --> CAM
I ask to the site administrator but he tell me than he don't know why it
doesn't work, and he told me to try and ask to you.
I Hope you can help me.
Below are the mails we sent each other: