Snort mailing list archives

Re: Time of Day Alert Suppression

From: "Joel Esler \(jesler\) via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 21:01:02 +0000

On Oct 13, 2017, at 11:42 AM, Steven J <sjm () lyricalsecurity com<mailto:sjm () lyricalsecurity com>> wrote:

Hello all, and thank you for allowing me to join this community.

I currently have Alerts I need to suppress for certain time periods through the day.  I found a 2003 Archive request
which suggests this is best handled manually, during post-alert analysis.

Just wondering if this has been revisited?

No, manual is still the best way of handling this.  I assume this is for some specific job that happens at a certain
time of day?  Can you ignore the traffic between those two IPs, or suppress?