Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Inline DAQ AFpacket with Openappid: BANDWIDTH Question

From: Tarek Ben Soltane via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 14:06:28 +0100

Thank you  Alberto,

I will check your link.

Tarek

On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 12:38 PM, Alberto Colosi via Snort-users <
snort-users () lists snort org> wrote:

If I'm not wrong , utorrent open its traffic after         INIT
(like tor)

if u cut the INIT, it will not continue. By now I can't help on identify
  INIT   ip and ports but u could see easily.

after it I'm unsure all utorrent services works the same

as approach I think better to check datagram instead of TCP / UDP ports as
if I'm not wrong, it can be changed.

see if this pdf on sans help            http://bit.ly/2C3IxBX