Snort mailing list archives

Re: TOR Browser detection policy rule

From: R S <rene.shuster () bcsemail org>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 13:18:17 -0500

Tor is on several 9000 range ports. 9001,9040 etc. but it's not using all
300 ports. There will be lots of traffic attributed to Tor although it
isn't. Very misleading and will cause trouble down the road with wrong
accusations. Will shed bad light on network admins.

Also suggest to change date to international ISO format YYYY-MM-DD.

Thanks. Best Regards.

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 12:55 PM, Alberto Colosi via Snort-sigs <