Snort mailing list archives

A suppressed IP address still got blocked

From: Glenn Ungaro <gungaro () necscorp com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 15:00:02 +0000

Hello All
I work for a MSP and we host several companies email. I have Snort running at the main client’s facility. 4 weeks ago
the MSP’s barracuda was flagged by Snort as a possible spambot. I then put it in my suppress list and for some reason a
few days ago it blocked the MSP’s barracuda again. Now I have Snort running as IDS now and the barracuda still has the
same IP Address it always had. How can I make sure this won’t happen again if I turn Snort back to blocking. Snort is
running on pfSense 2.2.4 with a Lanner router.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Glenn Ungaro
Asst. Network Administrator
Northeast Computer Corp.
gungaro () necscorp com<mailto:gungaro () necscorp com>
845-629-0634