Snort mailing list archives

Re: error in snort-2.9.11 manual

From: "Al Lewis \(allewi\) via Snort-devel" <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 20:45:44 +0000

Hello,

The “./“ isnt a snort issue/error. You get that error because the manual assumes the snort binary is within your path.

You would get the same type of error trying to run any executable file not within your current directory at the time.

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco
Email: allewi () cisco com<mailto:allewi () cisco com>