Snort mailing list archives

VLAN inspection

From: Christoph Linse <christoph.linse () prodyna com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 12:45:24 +0100

Hey everybody,

i am new to snort and found no actual informations about the VLAN inspection.

I have on one Ethernet cable from Firewall to the Switch about 12 vlans and want to inspect each of them.

How does it works with the configuration? Do i have to set the HOME_NET and EXTERNAL_NET variables?

How is it with the vlan tags?

I hope someone can give me a hint or something that can help me about this topic!

Best regards

--
Christoph Linse
Dualer Student IT-Sicherheit

PRODYNA AG
Ludwig-Erhard-Straße 12-14
65760 Eschborn
Telefon +49 69 597724-0
Telefax +49 69 597724-700

christoph.linse () prodyna com
www.prodyna.com
Sitz: Frankfurt am Main
Amtsgericht: Frankfurt am Main HRB 81782
Geschäftsanschrift: Ludwig-Erhard-Straße 12-14, 65760 Eschborn
USt-ID: DE 122113119
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Gregor Hansbuer
Vorstandsvorsitzender: Hüseyin Cifci