Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort++ automaker error

From: Russ via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 17:27:57 -0400

Make sure you start with autoreconf per the README or the tutorial / building section in the manual. See also https://github.com/sanger-pathogens/gubbins/issues/130.

On 9/29/17 5:15 PM, Shobhan AyyadevaraSesha (sayyadev) via Snort-users wrote:

Hi All,

I am running into following error when I try to compile snort3 based out of latest git. Is anybody running into the same problem ?

configure.ac:34: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE

    See the Autoconf documentation.

configure.ac:35: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_SILENT_RULES

configure.ac:99: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL

configure.ac:1022: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_ICONV

Thanks

Shobhan