Snort mailing list archives

Re: Question

From: William Pearson <william () cnsp net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 16:26:44 -0600

Jim,

Yeah, I know, but it's much easier to manage if it lists things by the msg
in the rule.

So, for example this rule,

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> [31.214.157.227,31.41.44.130] any (msg:"ET CNC
Ransomware Tracker Reported CnC Server TCP group 86"; flags:S;
reference:url,doc.emergingthreats.net/bin/view/Main/BotCC; reference:url,$

I want it to say "ET CNC Ransomware Tracker Reported CnC Server TCP group
86" in BASE.

Will