Snort mailing list archives

Re: Osx.Trojan.Mughthesec

From: Tyler Montier <tmontier () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 11:31:19 -0400

Yaser,

Thanks for your submission. We will review the rules and get back to you as
soon as they're finished.

Sincerely,

Tyler Montier
Cisco Talos

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Y M via Snort-sigs <
snort-sigs () lists snort org> wrote:

Sorry for the noise. The sample is available on the referenced site.
However, I did not have the opportunity to experiment and generate a pcap.

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"MALAWARE-CNC
Osx.Trojan.Mughthesec oubound connection attempt";
flow:to_server,established; content:"/DmFybQ=="; fast_pattern:only;
http_uri; pcre:"/\/screens\/(precheck|progress|complete)\/DmFybQ\x3d\x3d/U";
metadata:ruleset community, service http; reference:url,objective-see.
com/blog/blog_0x20.html; classtype:trojan-activity; sid:1100009; rev:1;)

Thanks.

YM

http://www.snort.org

Visit the Snort.org to subscribe to the official Snort ruleset, make sure
to stay up to date to catch the most <a href="
https://snort.org/downloads/#rule-downloads";>emerging threats</a>!