Snort mailing list archives

Re: Average delay per packet observation

From: Navdeep Uniyal <Navdeep.Uniyal () neclab eu>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 11:46:04 +0000

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply.
For the experiment, I am running 15 iterations and the traffic size is approximately 675Kb/sec. I am using D-ITG
traffic generator to measure my results. Each packet is of 1500bytes. Snort is running inline in a docker container
pinned to a single CPU.
Could you also please explain a bit more on “rules option tree and fast pattern matcher”.

Best Regards,
Navdeep