Snort mailing list archives

Re: Simple preprocessor example

From: aquarian_new--- via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 20:21:22 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,
I don't have an example or tutorial to share right now. However, you could grab some sample pcap files from
www.wireshark.org or pcapr.net and run Snort with the pcap, select appropriate rules from preprocessor.rules file just
to play around and observe particular alerts.
~aquarian_new

  On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 1:38 AM, neerav arora via Snort-users<snort-users () lists snort org> wrote:   Hello everyone ,
Iam new to snort . Can any one provide me a simple  example (with steps) of snort preprocessor functionality , that i
cant try out in my system . I want to use  preprocessor.rules file .
Snort-users mailing list
Snort-users () lists snort org