Snort mailing list archives

Re: Flowbits warnings problem

From: "Joel Esler \(jesler\) via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 16:00:42 +0000

No,

The error reads “set but never checked”.  That means that the below two rules are setting the flow bit (as you can see
with your bolded sections), but there are no rules on that check to see if the flowbit isset.  So, you need to look for
rules in your ruleset that say flowbits:isset,file.m4v; and turn those on.

--
Joel Esler | Talos: Manager | jesler () cisco com<mailto:jesler () cisco com>