Snort mailing list archives

Getting started

From: Skip Carter <skip () taygeta com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 18:13:05 -0700

I am a long time snort user, and even wrote a book about it for the
defunct Syngress publishing.  I have been using 3.0.0-a4-228 for about
3 weeks now but have still much to learn about it.  I am happy to work
with alpha code and all that it means if my efforts help in small way
to get to full release code.

Let me start with an easy question: where is the pid file ?  I use this
file for all sorts of auxillary purposes and I miss it.  Past
experience with software tells me that a formerly valuable feature
like this is gone because there is a better way to accomplish what it
accomplish the task; but at this point I have no idea what it is.  So
how do I get the external runtime status of the current instance.

Skip