Snort mailing list archives

Pulledpork Modify Rules Automatically

From: Jim Campbell <jim () w4bqp net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 21:42:23 -0400

Since I last posted here I ended up formatting my hard drive, installing the latest Ubuntu and installing Snort in IPS mode. However, at the end of the tutorial on http://sublimerobots.com/2016/02/snort-ips-inline-mode-on-ubuntu/ it shows you how to modify the single local rule to drop rather than alert. There is mention of a future page that will tell how to have Pulledpork automatically modify all the rules to drop.

My setup is running in inline mode but so far hasn't reported any packets being flagged. I could sure use some help.

Thanks,

Jim

--
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience;
we are spiritual beings having a human experience."