Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem With Dynamic Library

From: wkitty42 () windstream net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 16:49:13 -0400

On 06/12/2017 02:28 PM, Jim Campbell wrote:
When I run the test "sudo snort -T -i enp1s0 -c /etc/snort/snort.ips.conf" I get the following error:

ERROR: The dynamic detection library "/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules/file-executable.so" version 1.0 compiled with dynamic engine library version 2.6

this is the dynamic shared object rules... did you download new rules and replace them, too??

isn't compatible with the current dynamic engine library "/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicengine/libsf_engine.so" version 3.0.

we used to always delete everything in the dynamicrules and dynamicpreprocessor directories... if we were using the shared object rules, those had to go, too... plus they had to be disabled until they had been updated on the next scheduled rules update run...

And yes, I did the "sudo ldconfig" to update the shared libraries.

we've never done that... didn't ever need to...