Snort mailing list archives

Error: Unknown Class Type

From: Dionne Queen <ddd1236 () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 21:09:53 +0000 (UTC)

I was practicing doing alerts mostly through the day:
c:\snort\bin> snort -i 2 -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -A console
Maybe I was doing this too long, because now I am receiving the following error message:
ERROR: c:\snort\rules\app-detect (33) Unknown class type: web-application-attackFatal error, quitting.
Now, now snort does want to produce any alerts. I did not change anything in the configuration file.Should I just let
Snort rest? I don't know. I am a newbie. I do not know why I am receiving this error message when I was not before
earlier.
Please help. Thanks.
ddd1236 () yahoo com