Snort mailing list archives

Re: Hello Snort Team

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 18:58:02 +0000

Technically, http can be on any port. So, you can either use openappid to identify services instead of ports, or
Snort3, which is service aware by default, but has no ruleset yet.

We've added that many ports to HTTP_PORTS as we've seen exploit activity in the wild over those ports.

--
Sent from my iPhone