Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort++] Trying to integrate a custom Inspector

From: Russ <rucombs () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 09:39:02 -0400

On 5/3/17 3:42 PM, Ronin CS wrote:
Thank you Marcin!

Using the codec example provided by Albert Lewis and these steps, I managed to integrate my code into Snort!
Nice work! Please note that you can build completely externally to Snort++ source. Just make and install Snort++ and the extras and point your include path to the installed headers.
One last question, does the --enable-debug-msgs option makes visible the text inside a LogMessage() method?
No. LogMessage() is output unless -q is specified. DebugMessage() and DebugFormat() are dependent on --enable-debug-messages. However, you are encouraged to use the newer and better trace facility. stream_ip is an inspector that uses that.

Ronin.