Snort mailing list archives

Re: Can't get Snort to run on Win2008

From: "Ed Borgoyn (eborgoyn)" <eborgoyn () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:48:25 +0000

Matt,
  On line 333 of snort.conf there probably is the ‘lzma’ keyword.  Please remove this keyword, leaving the rest of the
line intact.  This keyword is not recognized if/when snort is not built with the lzma decompression libraries.  For
some reason the default windows build doesn’t have lzma support but still has the lzma keyword in the snort.conf.  Give
this a try.
    Ed Borgoyn
    Cisco Snort Development Team