Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: maldet alert from TCP-IDS

From: Geoffrey Serrao <gserrao () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 13:42:11 -0400

It might have something to do with the fact that the rule texts contain the
same bytes that the Maldect signatures are looking for.

It reminds me of scanning antivirus definitions with an A/V. You might get
some false positives.

I just downloaded the community ruleset from snort.org and I couldn't find
anything out of the ordinary:

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Scott Spangler <