Snort mailing list archives

Re: dataset

From: Marcin Dulak <marcin.dulak () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 00:06:16 +0100

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 8:00 PM, Mojtaba Haghighipour <
moj.haghighipour () gmail com> wrote:

hi
why question is some different from the others.
I need to test my snort IDS with a DataSet of  packets that involves
malicious and benign data packets.
I found kdd cup and MIT university DataSets, but I need newer DataSet.

Is there any body , that help me???

try http://pytbull.sourceforge.net/ - it generates traffic directed at your
snort sensor using various tools
(nmap, hping, tcpreplay, hydra, nikto, ...) and creates a summary by
parsing snort's alert -A fast fetched over ftp from the sensor.
It can even download some malicious content from a dropbox account ...

Marcin

thanks a lot ...

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!