Snort mailing list archives

Re: content-based rules not detected

From: "Bhargava Jandhyala (bjandhya)" <bjandhya () cisco com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:24:48 +0000

Please use this rule

alert tcp $HOME_NET any → $EXTERNAL_NET any (msg:”Worm detected”; content:"|d9 74 24 44|"; rev:1;
classtype:malicious-code;  )

no need any commend for payload-based rules.

For your help, some example

alert tcp any any -> any any (\
    msg:"Rule 2 -- alert since decode buffer searched by default"; \
    content:"|5a 7d 87 ff 00 02 03 28 05|"; \
    sid:2; rev:1)

Thanks,
Bhargava