Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Alert Log Timestamps

From: Marcin Dulak <marcin.dulak () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 00:18:47 +0100

I recently reported a similar problem: http://seclists.org/snort/2017/q1/178
There is also an old barnyard issue
https://github.com/firnsy/barnyard2/issues/121
Do your alerts are listed in order in the alert file?
I'm quite sure that I saw wrong timestamps also in unified2 log - if your
alert timestamps are not listed in order - try to log in unified2 and see
if you also obtain wrong timestamps.
If all your alerts are listed in order, then it's probably a different
issue.

Marcin

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 11:26 PM, Jones, Christopher (Chris) (Maj) <