Snort mailing list archives

Re: Proposed Rules for Acunetix Scanner

From: lists () packetmail net
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 13:52:48 -0600

Cool, no worries.  Cheers guys.

On 01/06/17 13:13, Joshua Williams wrote:
Nathan,

Thanks for the submission. After careful consideration, we are going to hold off
on using these rules. While the new rules would work, the 9 rules we already
have in place already alert. We could technically add tons of different rules
that detect Acunetix scanning, but at the end of the day the traffic is already
triggering an alert. Thanks for letting us know!

--
Josh Williams
Detection Response Team

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 3:44 PM, <lists () packetmail net
<mailto:lists () packetmail net>> wrote:

    No worries, Happy GNU Year ;)

    <http://www.acunetix.com/>; classtype:attempted-recon;

    <https://snort.org/downloads/#rule-downloads>>">emerging threats</a>!