Snort mailing list archives

snort inline problem

From: mostafa ammar <mostafaammar79 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:40:11 +0200

Dear Jays ,

Thanks for your reply to my problem, I installed snort as a VM on xenserver
, it is connecting between 2 other VMs every machine , ping is working
successfully but any other protocol is not running, I adjusted the
snort.conf file and added

running the check command
snort --daq-list
Available DAQ modules:
pcap(v3): readback live multi unpriv
nfq(v7): live inline multi
ipfw(v3): live inline multi unpriv
dump(v3): readback live inline multi unpriv
afpacket(v5): live inline multi unpriv

to run snort inline I use the following command
 sudo snort -A console -Q -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -i eth3:eth2 -N

ping is working fine but any other protocols are not running ,I disabled
normalization for several protocols.
#preprocessor normalize_ip4
#preprocessor normalize_tcp: block, rsv, pad, urp, req_urg, req_pay,
req_urp, ips, ecn stream
#preprocessor normalize_icmp4
#preprocessor normalize_ip6
#preprocessor normalize_icmp6

Thanks for your help.

NB: I used to work on google groups I can reply to mail threads , now I
dont have any notification of emails of reply to my email and I dont know
how to reply to mail threads