Snort mailing list archives

Re: 回复: Need help with telnet

From: Luke Ager <luke.ager () me com>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 11:53:51 +0000

Since telnet isn't exactly secure my advice would be to block it altogether if possible.

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 Dec 2016, at 11:23, sepehr hashtroudilar <sepehr.ha () gmail com> wrote:

No i cant speak in Chinese.
Let me simplify :

In my situation:
i want to detect and drop telnet cmd (send from client) bofore execution on telnet server.

I want snort:
1. to check the stream and match rules with that.
2.If any rule matched dont send the final packet to server (witch in telnet is always enter \r or 0d)
3.drop connection.

I know that stream5 and ftp/telnet is made for these purpose.

I tried many configuration,  but all the time i get alert after a while.
And Connection drop after cmd executed.