Snort mailing list archives

IPS snort generating (DUP) packets

From: mehdi chourib <c_didoux () yahoo fr>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 12:53:36 +0000 (UTC)

Dear all,

My current set up is the following:

[machine 1] <=> [snort IPS] <=> [machine 2]

When I activated IPS and pinged [machine 2] from [machine 1], I got (DUP)! packet (duplicated) although all packets
reach sent from [machine1] have reached [machine2].

When snort IPS was disabled, no problem on pings at all. I assume that most probably my setup of snort is not optimal
for IPS inline.

Can you please give me some advises? What are the requirements towards NIC for snort IPS inline mode.?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards.