Snort mailing list archives

Re: Missing members in struct _daq_modflow when compiling snort3

From: Russ <rucombs () cisco com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 07:27:46 -0400

Yes - you need to use the latest DAQ on snort.org in the Snort 3.0 downloads:

    https://snort.org/downloads/snortplus/daq-2.2.1.tar.gz

On 10/15/16 5:04 PM, Joman Chu wrote:
Hello,

I'm using the latest snort3 from github (cfe19a5e139e1f227a7181fc2bcae7ad97cb8a77) and I'm trying to compile it against DAQ 2.0.6 (from snort.org <http://snort.org>).

I don't have DAQ installed in the traditional directory structure set up, so here is my ./configure line and PATH.

PATH=$PATH:../daq-2.0.6/os-daq-modules/
./configure --prefix=`pwd` --with-daq-includes=../daq-2.0.6/include --with-daq-libraries=../daq-2.0.6/lib

During compilation, I run into some errors about missing members in various structs.

_daq_modflow: missing type, length, and value (sfdaq.cc:535)

_DAQ_DP_key_t: missing src_af and dst_af (sfdaq.cc:549)

Also missing an entire type: DAQ_Data_Channel_Params_t.

The command line to clang seems to be including the correct directories to pull in the headers from DAQ (seen via make install V=1)

I'm wondering if I'm compiling against the wrong version of DAQ and if I should be grabbing it from somewhere else.

Thanks in advance,
Joman

Archive:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=snort-devel