Snort mailing list archives

Snort IPS with one NIC

From: Dave Corsello <snort-users () wintertreemedia com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 17:59:45 -0400

I am considering using a remotely hosted server as a web server, and
would like to know if it is possible to protect it with Snort IPS.  I've
been using Snort inline for several years using the usual 3
interfaces--two bridged and one for management.  Can Snort be run in IPS
mode to protect the local server with only one network interface?  Seems
like this must have been asked many times before--sorry if this is a repeat.