Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort cann't check LOIC

From: lists () packetmail net
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 11:02:53 -0600

On 11/22/16 10:53, lists () packetmail net wrote:
On 11/19/16 02:45, 刘强 wrote:
Could you please help check it?
Please share PCAPs of this event, thank you.

Oops, I mean your snort.conf, log file, and your run args.  Sorry I see the PCAP
now.  See this thread, Joel was on it as well --
https://lists.emergingthreats.net/pipermail/emerging-sigs/2010-December/010923.html

Also that PCAP, you might want to reset passwords?  It has your qq activity in
there such as nameAccount and uid.

I know this is a Snort list but I see these ET Open sigs and four more ET PRO ones:

#alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET any (msg:"ET DOS Inbound Low Orbit Ion
Cannon LOIC DDOS Tool desu string"; flow:to_server,established;
content:"desudesudesu"; nocase; fast_pattern:only; threshold: type limit,track
by_src,seconds 180,count 1;
reference:url,www.isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=10051;
classtype:trojan-activity; sid:2012049; rev:4;)

#alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET any (msg:"ET DOS Outbound Low Orbit
Ion Cannon LOIC Tool Internal User May Be Participating in DDOS desu string";
flow:to_server,established; content:"desudesudesu"; nocase; fast_pattern:only;
threshold: type limit,track by_src,seconds 180,count 1;
reference:url,www.isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=10051;
classtype:trojan-activity; sid:2012050; rev:4;)

I expect the same to exist in Snort, have you confirmed the rules are enabled?