Snort mailing list archives

Snort Configuration ERROR

From: Amal Saeed <amal.saeed () simmons edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 22:07:58 -0500

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to validate my configuration of Snort.

I'm entering this command:
sudo snort -T -i eth0 -u snort -g snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

And then it will run, but at the end, I get this error:
ERROR: /etc/snort/snort.conf(326) => Invalid keyword '}' for server
configuration.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

I've seen other posts from people who've recently gotten this error too,
but I've seen no solution. I tried commenting line 326 out in my snort.conf
file, but then the error just kept moving to the following lines.

Can someone please help? I'm installing Snort on a Ubuntu VM.

Thanks.

--
Amal Saeed
Simmons College '17, B.S. Computer Science & Information Technology