Snort mailing list archives

Re: Log dropped packet statistics while snort is running

From: Russ <rucombs () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 11:39:39 -0400

Have a look at perfmon: http://manual-snort-org.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/node17.html#SECTION00326000000000000000.

On 7/8/16 2:28 PM, Alex Pomerenk wrote:
I am running Snort and want to perform some analysis on it while it is running (it is looking at a continuous stream of packets). How would I configure Snort to log packet drop statistics on a regular time schedule (every 5 or 10 seconds for example)? I am running Snort on a minimal install of RHEL 23 inside a container.

Thanks for the help!

http://sdm.link/attshape