Snort mailing list archives

Appid question

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 18:44:41 -0600

Hey all,

This afternoon I found myself mucking around with appid.  I love appid.
 Right now it is only accompanying IDS hits.  I was wondering if anyone
has put something in place that makes appid almost like a....I want to
say netflow, but not quite.  I envision an app reading the appid.u2
file and dumping it to Elasticsearch.  But instead of having only IDS
hits, I'd like to try and have snort simply monitor and appid alert all
traffic it sees.  Has anyone done anything like this?  Thanks.

James