Snort mailing list archives

Stream preprocessor 3WHS port suppression

From: Andrea Venturoli <ml () netfence it>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 11:22:52 +0200

Hello.

Please forgive is this is a nooby question...

I've got a box which is triggering tons of
[129:20:1] TCP session without 3-way handshake [Classification: Potentially Bad Traffic] [Priority: 2] {TCP}
10.1.2.13:2049 -> 10.1.2.15:989

That stream is due to an NFS mount, so it will always start before
Snort, and Snort will never see the handshake.

 From README.stream5, the only argument to "require_3whs" is a delay,
which won't help in this case.

Is it possible to suppress this check on a given set of ports (2049 in
my case), like "ignore_ports" does for "small_segments"?

  bye & Thanks
        av.