Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort- RHEL compatibility Matrix

From: "Al Lewis (allewi)" <allewi () cisco com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 11:55:59 +0000

Please visit www.snort.org<http://www.snort.org>. All the information you need for install should be there and/or in
the installation downloads.

Albert Lewis
QA SNORT/Sourcefire
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco
9780 Patuxent Woods Drive
Columbia, MD 21046
Phone: (office) 443.430.7112
Email: allewi () cisco com

From: Pratibha Rajan [mailto:paty.hillary () yahoo com]
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2016 10:45 PM
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort- RHEL compatibility Matrix

Hi,

I'm looking to install Snort on a server which runs RHEL 6.7. Is the latest version of Snort- Ver 2.9.8.2 compatible
with RHEL 6.7 or 7.2?
If not, what is the highest version of Snort that is compatible with RHEL 6.7 or 7.2?
A quick response would be much appreciated as the activity is slated to start in a week's time.
Also can I be directed to the link with all the relevant packages for the installation?

Thanks

Pratibha