Snort mailing list archives

Re: Stream5 error

From: "Al Lewis (allewi)" <allewi () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 19:15:13 +0000

If you don’t have a config I would think that you are hitting one of these conditions from line 7201 in
“preprocessors/Stream6/snort_stream_tcp.c:”

7201         if (stream_session_config->prune_log_max && (TwoWayTraffic(tcpssn->scb) ||
s5TcpPolicy->log_asymmetric_traffic) && !(tcpssn->scb->ha_state.session_flags & SSNFLAG_LOGGED_QUEUE_FULL))
7202         {
7203             LogMessage("S5: Session exceeded configured max bytes to queue %d "
7204                     "using %d bytes (%s). %s %d --> %s %d "

Maybe you are hitting the max bytes configured for a session?

What does your stream preprocessor setup look like?

Albert Lewis
QA Software Engineer
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco
9780 Patuxent Woods Drive