Snort mailing list archives

Re: MALWARE-CNC TRUFFLEHUNTER SFVRT-1020 attack attempt" rule being fired

From: Jeff H <jeff61225 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 11:32:11 -0700

Hi Joel,
I sent these in last week and am still seeing occasional hits and haven't
heard anything back.

I think this is my first time submitting pcaps for analysis on SO alerts,
so I am not sure what to expect.

I think I have identified the traffic causing the alert and it does not
seem malicious to me. I wasn't sure how to send follow up info attached to
the same submission.

Jeff

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Joel Esler (jesler) <jesler () cisco com>