Snort mailing list archives

Fwd: Error in log file of Snort

From: Ajay Khadpe <khadpeajay797 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:30:30 +0530

Hi,

 I have configures snort into inline mode with DAQ as NFq. I am able to
drop packets also. But logs that generated are showing error.

Following is sample of error:

snort -r /var/log/snort/snort.log.1294747044
Running in packet dump mode

        --== Initializing Snort ==--
Initializing Output Plugins!
pcap DAQ configured to read-file.
ERROR: Can't initialize DAQ pcap (-1) - bad dump file format
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Please see attached configuration file and tell me how I will avoid this
error?

--
Thanks & Regards
 Khadpe Ajay