Snort mailing list archives

Snort SID Help 1:28039:5

From: Matt Brichetto <M_Brichetto () cuinterface com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 15:04:49 +0000

Hello Fellow Snort Users,

I get the following alert below on a LAN to LAN address. Everyone once and awhile we get this, but there seems to be no
info on the rule. Has this rule been deprecated or something along those lines. I really don't know how to troubleshoot
this or if it is a false positive.

EVENT # :

172511

EVENTLOG :

Application

EVENT TYPE :

WARNING (2)

SOURCE :

snort

EVENT ID :

1

TIME :

3/11/2016 9:25:55 AM

MESSAGE :

[1:28039:5] INDICATOR-COMPROMISE Suspicious .pw dns query [Classification: A Network Trojan was Detected] [Priority: 1]
{UDP} 192.168.22.16:17159 -> 192.168.22.4:53

Thanks,

Matt Brichetto
Network Administrator