Snort mailing list archives

Re: Preprocessor Question.

From: "Al Lewis (allewi)" <allewi () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 15:55:31 +0000

It does. But running snort in IDS mode with NO preprocessors doesn’t make much sense. It will make an evasion pretty
trivial and give you a gang of false positives.

I would suggest you start with the default snort config running the latest version of snort from the site. Then scale
back/enable things you need from that point.

Let us know how it goes!

Albert Lewis
QA Software Engineer
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco