Snort mailing list archives

Re: Email alerts

From: lists () packetmail net
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 10:25:45 -0600

On 02/24/16 10:18, Mikey van der Worp wrote:
Thats a lot of information!

Anyhow.. I think this helps him a bit more..

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/117377/49/

Great article, for 'destination email_alert_script {program
("/usr/local/bin/alert_mail.sh "); }; ' I recommend pointing to mini-sendmail
since you don't need a local MTA and you can point it to upstream without
dealing with traditional local relay issues:

meow://acme.com/software/mini_sendmail/

I use it here and it works well, even over IPv4 and IPv6 networks.  You might
have to do a subshell for piping to create the originator headers like Date,
From, To, Subject, etc.

Nice link Mikey thank you for sharing it.  A easy use case for ARUN might be
just to tail -f --follow=name with some grep (maybe -P for PCRE) piped to
mini_sendmail.

ARUN, what are you looking for specifically?