Snort mailing list archives

Re: Is my "snort.conf" OK?

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 15:35:41 +0000

You need brackets on each end, but yes, a comma between fields is enough.

Also, I’d rely on the Snort Manual at manual.snort.org<http://manual.snort.org>, which is kept up to date.  Books
aren’t.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Talos Group

On Feb 22, 2016, at 10:33 AM, Jason Long <hack3rcon () yahoo com<mailto:hack3rcon () yahoo com>> wrote:

According to below, a "," is enough ?
http://books.gigatux.nl/mirror/snortids/0596006616/snortids-CHP-5-SECT-1.html

On Monday, February 22, 2016 6:59 PM, Jason Long <hack3rcon () yahoo com<mailto:hack3rcon () yahoo com>> wrote:

Thank you. For specific two DNS address is my syntax correct :

# List of DNS servers on your network
ipvar DNS_SERVERS [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX,!XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]