Snort mailing list archives

Re: segmentation fault in snort 3.0.0-a3 with hyperscan search engine

From: Russ <rucombs () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 07:09:50 -0500

Can you send you conf and rules please?

On 2/15/16 5:03 AM, Ramya Potluri wrote:
Hi

I am trying to run snort3 with hyperscan as the search method by adding
search_engine =
{
     search_method = 'hyperscan',
}
to the snort.lua, I tried remaining all methods like ac_full,ac_bnfa,ac_banded,ac_sparse,ac_sparse_bands in this search method, all these were fine but the hyperscan option was causing segmentation fault. and my machine configurations are
linux 3.10.0-123.el7.x86_64
snort: snort 3.0.0-a3
daq: daq-2.0.6
hyperscan: hyperscan-4.0.1
regel: ragel-6.9
here I am adding the log that I got with hyperscan search method and the gdb log
can you please help me out

regards,
Ramya Potluri

Archive: