Snort mailing list archives

Using PCRE in ICMP header

From: adrien le jol <adrien.lejol () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 14:32:17 +0100

Hi all,
I'm actually trying to write a SNORT rules that check some extra values in
an ICMP header.
As I understood, the values for the headers are fixed (for example
icmp_seq=16).

For a specific case I need to check if the icmp_seq is a match for
different values (multiple of 8).

I tried to use pcre as well but it seems it only look for the DATA part of
the packet, not the header.

I'm kind of stuck here.

thanks in advance for your replies