Snort mailing list archives

Compilation error when disabling performance profiling (Snort 2.9.8.0) (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: "Knick, Scott E CTR (US)" <scott.e.knick.ctr () mail mil>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 16:44:08 +0000

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Hello,

When trying to build the 2.9.8.0 version of Snort, I'm getting a compilation error when I attempt to disable
performance profiling; when I remove that option from the configure script invocation, the build goes fine. Note that I
was building Snort 2.9.7.5 previously with the configure options shown below.

Here is the relevant compilation error:

In file included from sf_dynamic_plugins.c:97:
../../src/preprocessors/perf_indicators.h:76: error: expected ')' before '*' token
make[4]: *** [sf_dynamic_plugins.o] Error 1

My configure looks like the following (minus some --with-* options for path configuration):

./configure --enable-gre --disable-ppm --disable-ppm-test --disable-perfprofiling

--
Scott Knick

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED