Snort mailing list archives

pop: Unknown POP3 response/command

From: Matteo De Rosa <matteo.derosa () enea it>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 16:43:29 +0100

I have just installed snort and I observe a lot of false (I suppose) positive. I start from this:

 < Signature >   < Classification >      < Total # >     Sensor #        < Source Address >      < Dest. Address >
 < First >       < Last >
        [snort] pop: Unknown POP3 response      protocol-command-decode 2962(0%)        1       37

Source address is correctly our mail-server. Dest address are our LAN client.
Can it a version problem from server and client ?
But, the thing that is close to my heart: how can i ack this event and don't see in BASE web front-end ?

Thanks to all for any contribution

Matteo