Snort mailing list archives

Unable to make install Snort

From: "Mariusz Pianka" <mariusz.pianka () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 21:35:39 -0000

Dear Users of Snort,

I would be very grateful if you could help me complete Snort installation on
CentOS 6.7 - minimum.

After 2 hours of google exploration, I have arrived to the point which I
can't jump over.

I started from clean install of CentOS 6.7 minimum.

I didn't have any libraries such as gcc and other pre-requisites so I've
executed the following:

rpm -Uvh
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm

yum -y install libpcap libpcap-devel libnet libnet-devel pcre pcre-devel gcc
gcc-c++ automake autoconf libtool make libyaml libyaml-devel zlib zlib-devel
file-devel

I've included text file with the list of packages I've got installed on my
system.

DAQ 2.0.6 folder

/home/$user$/daq-2.0.6/

I do ./configure

Make

Make install

It seems to complete, no errors.

I attached the config.log as daq_config.log

Then, I go to snort

I do , ./configure :

checking for dlsym in -ldl... yes

./configure: line 15735: daq-modules-config: command not found

checking for daq_load_modules in -ldaq_static... no

   ERROR!  daq_static library not found, go get it from

   http://www.snort.org/.

Identical problem to: http://seclists.org/snort/2013/q1/200

I've attached snort_config.log for your review as well.

Ultimate goal is to start OpenAppID in IDS mode.

Can you please point me into the right direction ?

Thank You kindly

Mariusz

---